You’ve decided that it’s time to hire some help around the house. After all, you’re not getting any younger, and the house is more than you can handle on your own. But hiring a handyman service can be a daunting task. How do you make sure you’re getting the right person for the job? Here are 10 tips to make sure you hire the right handyman service:
- Make a list of all the work you need to be done. This will help you figure out what kind of handyman service you need to hire. If you’re not sure, ask your friends and neighbors for recommendations.
- Check out online reviews. This is a great way to see what other people think about a particular handyman service. Some companies might have reviews that are not very good, handyman services in Waxhaw and you do not want to use a company that has a lot of negative reviews.
- Get at least three estimates. This will help you compare prices and services.
- Make sure the handyman service is insured and bonded. This protects you in case something goes wrong. If something bad happens and the handyman service is not insured, you will be stuck with the bill.
- Ask for references. A good handyman service will be more than happy to provide you with references.
- Make sure the handyman service is licensed. This protects you in case something goes wrong.
- Get a written estimate. This way, you know exactly what you’re getting and how much it will cost.
- Make sure the handyman service is experienced. This way, you know they can handle the work you need to be done.
- Ask if the handyman service offers a warranty. This protects you in case something goes wrong.
- Get everything in writing. This way, you have a record of what was agreed to.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when you’re hiring a handyman service. By following these tips, you can be sure you’re getting the right person for the job.